Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bye Bye Boogie Man



It's been months since I've posted a blog. College isn't conducive to blogging, but I'll be in college for a while. I might as well adjust. It's incredible how much my view of the world has changed in such a short time. As a point of order I will note that these changes will sway the focus of the following posts.

A friend of mine told me that I was proud. She pointed it out in the conversation about how much I've changed. It's funny because I always thought that pride had a negative connotation. I presented myself modestly. Pride and confidence go together, and they come from eliminating fear.

I think the way to eliminate fear is by learning. (Of course you gain new fear with this, too.) It seems like society could do without some of its exessive fear. I'm not afraid anymore, and it feels great. It's unnessecary to be afraid of unsubstantiated extrapolations made by profit-seeking entrepaneaurs, and accepted by misinformed consumers. Critical thinking is freeing. Now I'm only slightly afraid of the implications of these people's actions, but not of the boogie man.

I also have a band called Spring Heeled Jack. (I thought this might be a good place to do a little advertising.) Check us out on FaceBook. We have a public performance this Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment